Our Soccer Coaching Philosophy
Soccer practices need to flow and keep players moving with a ball at all times. Players must be challenged with the soccer program and be able to feel a satisfaction from progressing throughout the session. Soccer drills must be interesting and vary across skills, tactics, strategies, mental and physical fitness and team building.
Our practice plans are designed so that you can set up all soccer drills in advance and then work through the practice sequence without wasting time moving cones around.
Practices and soccer drills must tie in to the team’s developmental and strategic goals for the season. We offer a variety of practice sequences depending on the priorities you pick for your team !
All our sessions are designed to be conducted on a half field, but most can be expanded to full field if space is available.
Our Practice Books
Our practice books have more than 70 pages packed with pure soccer practice info – no paper wasted.
- Our KIDS (4-8) and YOUTH (9-12) practices are ideally suited for new coaches. All you need to do is print today’s practice, pack up your equipment bag and head out to the field.
- Our COMPETITIVE book is providing advanced soccer drills and practice plans for coaches and teams in a competitive environment, such as university, college, adult amateur or competitive youth.
- The COMPETITIVE PRO book contains 120 advanced competitive soccer drills and 20 practice plans. It is intended for high performance teams practicing a fast transition play system.
- Our GOALKEEPING book takes your keeper to the next level in skills, flexibility, reaction, fitness and game tactics. Your goalies need specialized practices – don’t let them be on their own or neglect them by having someone take shots on them. No matter how good they are, they need to train as much as any other player. Our soccer goalie drills can be used by two goalies working together or a knowledgable assistant coach !
- Our INDOOR soccer book is for practicing inside or in small spaces developing soccer skills and fitness in fun sessions.
- Our Systems of Play book gives every coach a quick start to common formations from 5v5 to 11v11.
Each book has 10 (Competitive Pro 20) completely worked out practice plans, each with 80 (Fast Break 120) soccer drills, following the sequence of warm-up, technical (skill) drill, fitness drill, tactical drill and scrimmage. Each drill and practice plan is on a single page that fits on your clipboard. And, we show you how you can develop 100’s more practices with our drill matrix.
Examples of soccer drills found in the books:
- ball control, passing and receiving
- 1v1 attacking, shooting and headers
- odd-man attacking and defending
- fast break soccer and flank attack
change of direction dribbling
- anticipation, decision making and reaction speeds
- overlap passing
- passing – dribbling – shooting combinations
- defending more than one goal
- running drills such as pass-turn-pass and pass-turn-shoot
- transition play
- 1 v 1 to 8 v 8 and 11 v 11 scrimmages